- This event has passed.
Of Hers & His Stage Play
August 13, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$35.00
OF HERS & HIS
written and directed by Joel P. E. King
Starring: Jensen Atwood, Drea Kelly, Joel P. E. King
About “Of Her & His”
A cleverly written two-act stage satire that explores the “attitudes of relationships”. Audience interaction helps tells this salacious story where all opinions matter. Heard it all before, but never like this! Sadie a business professional is finally fed up with the ways of her alleged cheating boyfriend, Don. She is eager to work it out with a therapist who pushes his envelope just a bit too far! It’s quick. It’s witty. It’s the conversation “before I do”.
About Jensen Atwood
- Jensen Atwood – played love interest to Oscar® Winner Halle Berry in Oprah Winfrey’s Their Eyes Were Watching God, while working alongside the legendary and Academy Award® nominated Ruby Dee, as the unforgettable Johnny Taylor.
- Atwood, played a series regular LOGOs Noah’s ARC as Wade – a successful screenwriter uncertain about his sexuality and therefore reluctant to commit.
- Can also be seen in hit TV shows A To Z (ABC), Medium, Heist, Las Vegas (NBC) and countless others.
- Atwood has also appeared in a number of high-profile videos, working with some of the world’s most popular musical artists: Beyoncé, Kelly and Michelle formerly known as Destiny’s Child, Toni Braxton, Ashanti, Lil Mo, Chante Moore and Kenny Lattimore to name a few.
About Joel King
- Joel P. E. King, “JPEK”, is a native of East Saint Louis. Graduating from SIU Edwardsville.
- Theater credits that precede Joel are: Spunk, Knock Me a Kiss, Raisin in the Sun, Colored Museum, Immigrant Project, In the Blood, Dutchman, Complancency of Silence in which he received a Kevin Kline Nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Musical
- He toured with gospel show ‘A House Divided’ where he performed before BET-Comic Award Winner Tyler Perry who complimented on a “job well done”.